Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? I love chocolate chip cookies and my family does as well. It is hard to think of anything more delicious than a perfectly baked chocolate chip cookie. If you love to eat chocolate chip cookies, yet struggle with preparing them, I can help. Here’s my recipe, plus my special tip so you can make perfect chocolate chip cookies in your own home. And I’m giving you lots of photos (an illustrated guide) to help you on your way.
After spending lots of time in the kitchen testing products, ingredients and tools, I’ve come up with a tried and tested technique for baking perfect chocolate chip cookies!
Most people remember holiday gatherings as a child, anxiously waiting for those perfect chocolate chip cookies to come out of the oven. Still warm and just the right amount of crispiness to the edge, with a perfectly moist center. As an adult, it has taken me some time to perfect the technique, despite being an avid baker. But I have finally figured out how to make perfect chocolate chip cookies, and I will share the knowledge with you!
Ingredients for Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of your favorite candy. During this batch I added mini Reese’s pieces for the kids. You can add any candy, or even other flavored chips to the recipe.
Gathering and measuring all the ingredients first, makes preparing the cookies much faster. So you can enjoy the perfect chocolate chip cookies sooner!
Here is where my special tip for baking the perfect chocolate chip cookie comes in. It is not an ingredient, but more of a tool.
I use Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets, or Reynolds parchment paper to line my cookie sheets. What a difference it makes:
- No cookies sticking to the baking sheet
- Therefore no cookies needing to be pried loose
- Happily, no cookie casualties
- So even more of my delicious chocolate chip cookies to share with family and friends!
Reynolds baking sheets are such a time saver too. There is no need to scrub a pan. They really do cut down the time and effort, while producing the perfect cookies.
So add Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets to the list of ingredients you’ll need. They are inexpensive and very useful. If you’ve never used them before, now is the perfect time to try them out.
Directions for Baking Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line cookie sheets with Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets or parchment and set aside for later use. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and both the brown and granulated sugar together in a separate bowl. Once they are well mixed then add in the eggs and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Add half the chocolate chips to the flour mixture. Then gradually add half the flour to the butter mixture. Once that is well mixed add the remaining chocolate chips and flour.
- Drop by tablespoons onto parchment paper, a small ice cream scoop works well too. There is no need to make sure they are all perfect in size, even odd shaped ones will be delicious!
- Bake for approximately 9-14 minutes (all ovens vary). Your perfect chocolate chip cookies are done when they are golden brown.
- When cookies are lightly golden brown remove the pan from the oven. Slide the baking sheets from the pan onto a cooling rack.
Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies
These really are the easiest cookies to make. To test if using Reynolds Cookie Baking Sheets really makes as much of a difference as I believe it does, I made a point of baking a batch of choc-chip cookies ‘half and half’.
Half of the cookie sheet was covered with the Reynolds baking sheets and the other half was not. The results are undeniable! The chocolate chip cookies baked on top of the Reynolds baking sheets were perfect. The others I had to jab at and pry loose with a spatula. (Not to mention all the scrubbing I had to do on the bare half of my baking tray!)
Try my recipe and special tip for yourself, and experience the satisfaction of creating your own perfect chocolate chip cookies. Happy baking!