I spent time in the professional world, running businesses for others. Also doing carpentry, interior design and consulting work. Since the birth of my young son my focus has been on farming, and writing. Both have been lifelong passions of mine.
I am engaged to a very supportive, loving and hard working man. With our wedding coming this fall.
I am biological mother to a gorgeous little boy. As well as mother to a beautiful little girl, who just happened to be born before I met her father. (I hate using the label ‘step’ child it never made much sense to me. What part are you going to step on? Just seems silly.)
I suppose this is because the man I grew to love and call my Dad was technically my ‘Step Dad’. Though he always called me his daughter, and never said ‘step’ even though he did not come into my life until I was almost 17.
Recently I lost my Dad after a long battle with Melanoma. I was only lucky enough to have a dad for 18 years, but those are 18 years that I will cherish forever. He was the greatest man I have ever known.
My internet family has been beyond supportive throughout everything. I am thankful to be part of this amazing internet family. iMom, Michelle, and Pa are always there for me with words of encouragement, and support. (Something I am not used to having outside of my Dad.)
Even if we are states and continents apart, I know I can always count on them being there for me.
Dark Past – Bright Future
Most of my life was spent surrounded by abusers, and addicts.
- Both my biological parents were drug addicts.
- Years of severe physical abuse at the hands of my biological father
- On-going emotional abuse from my mother.
- In and out of the hospital as a result of the abuse from my father.
- Great deal of time in the foster care system starting when I was 4 years old.
- Many years spent seeing a child psychologist.
- Bouncing through many foster care placements, before being returned to my birth mother.
- Still forced to have visitation with my father.
- Emotional abuse would continue for most of my life, until I distanced myself from my mother as an adult.
I am a survivor, not a victim. It does not excuse what I have been through. I wonder at times, had my mother sought help, if things would have been different.
With the painful years of my childhood behind me, I face the future with confidence and hope.
There’s plenty to keep me busy:
- Loving (and enjoying) my partner and children.
- Providing my family with fresh and healthy foods directly from our garden.
- Addressing health issues using natural remedies.
- Improving our home with a limited budget.
- Writing online.
- Planning our wedding.
When Kyn Writes
One voice is but a whisper among the masses but I do speak out and help those that I can. And I like to share tips and hints to make life easier (and better) for others. Mainly:
- Organic gardening
- Natural remedies
That’s what I’ll be doing here on iMomandMe. I’m hoping you’ll gain some helpful tips from Cousin Kyn that might make a positive difference to your life.