Welcome to iMomandMe!
This site began as a shared project between a young woman who spent years as a foster child, and her ‘internet mom’ on the other side of the world. (One spent her childhood in foster care in the US; the other is a former foster mother in Australia.) We met online and became family.
Foster families generally live beneath the same roof. But when foster kids age out of the foster care system, what happens then? Some foster families stay in touch. But many young adults suddenly find themselves alone and unprepared for problems and issues they’ll face in their adult world.
The need for parents doesn’t stop just because a foster child becomes an adult. The support of a family makes a real difference, no matter what your age.
A good, healthy, supportive family :
- offers advice and support
- shares tips and helpful hints
- asks questions
- provides honest answers
There’s so much to talk about. So many things to share. Issues to discuss, problems to solve, and suggestions to offer. That’s what we do here at iMomandMe.
Family at iMomandMe
Since we began iMomandMe, our online foster family has grown.
- iMom lives in Australia.
- Michelle lives in the US.
- Kyn who writes as ‘Cousin Kyn’ here, also lives in the US. (A different State to Michelle.)
- Pa John contributes from Australia, but lives in a different state to iMom.
Both Michelle and Kyn are former foster children. (Now adults with their own families.) Pa John and iMom are experienced foster parents.
Ours is a truly international foster family.
Our goal is to share advice, support and information with each other. And, of course, with anyone else in need of an answer to one of life’s many questions.
To Participate on iMomandMe
You don’t have to be a foster child or foster parent to participate on iMom and Me.
Readers are welcome to join our conversations by submitting comments or questions. However the following conditions apply:
1) Anything you submit to this website must be original, including the wording of questions or comments. Don’t ever copy and paste content from other sites.
2) Readers can disagree or question the opinions of writers on iMomandMe but everyone on this site (including other readers or commenters) must be treated with respect. If you submit anything that is considered out of line, your post will be deleted.
It is early days for iMomandMe, but we trust you will find something of interest to you.
- If you are interested in a particular topic, click on ‘Conversations’.
- Clicking any term in the tags cloud will bring up all relevant entries.
- To see the latest contributions from your favourite writer, click their name beneath ‘Authors’.
- Or if you have a question or subject you’d like us to discuss, mention it in the comments section of one of our posts.
Thanks for visiting!